5 Ways To Transform A Teen Bedroom
We don’t need to remind you that your kids grow up quickly, and that their personal style evolves just as rapidly. Here’s the good news: you don’t have to spend a lot of money to update your teen’s bedroom. In fact you can create an entirely new look by adding and changing accessories,
1. Paint! The paint color change was what set this entire makeover in motion. A fresh coat of paint in a vibrant color is a fabulous way to breathe new life into a room.
2. Add Art. There are oodles of sources for affordable art – Artfully Walls, Minted, and Etsy all have a great selection of youthful, but still sophisticated art.
3. Change Up The Bedding. White bedding is a great investment as it can “grow up” with your child. It sets a crisp, clean tone and provides a neutral backdrop upon which to layer throw pillows.
4. Mix Up Your Throw Pillows. How much better does the white settee look with these adorable graphic pillows, scouted on Etsy? And the bed with the combination of turquoise and white pillows? The look is still cohesive — even though the pillows are different — as the overall color palette is consistent.
5. Add A Mirror. Mirrors are both functional and decorative… don’t underestimate the role they can play in adding dimension to a room. The lavender inlay mirror in this makeover picks up on the purple in the rug, and adds a touch of pattern.
This article first appeared on www.huffpost.com